Wilson Middle School’s uniform:
Preparation for class is part of the student’s overall subject grade.
- Shirt: Solid-Navy golf or polo style collared, uniform-type, short-sleeve shirt (plain).
- Pants: Uniform-style, Tan/khaki with belt loops. Pants or shorts must fit at the waist and must be free from frays and holes. Shirts MUST be tucked
in at the waist; belts must be worn at all times with pants and shorts, and must be visible at the waist. Shorts may be worn from beginning of school
year to October 31st and then again from May 1st to the end of the school year only.
- Gym: Solid grey sweat pants/shorts and a solid navy blue tee shirt or blue Wilson shirt. Leggings and tights will not be considered as appropriate gym uniform.
- Appropriate Length: Pants, shorts, and skirts that measure (front and back) no shorter than three inches above the knee. Skirts, jumpers, and dresses must measure no shorter than three inches above the knee.
- Shoes: Students must wear closed toe shoes or sneakers to school. No sandals or flip flops will be permitted to be worn by students ( unless approved by administration for special events).
- Coats: Heavy coats and jackets MAY ONLY be worn to and from school and/or outdoors and be kept in student lockers throughout the day.
ALTERNATIVE UNIFORM OPTION:
In addition to the solid navy blue polo shirt, there is now an official Wilson Middle School polo shirt, Wilson Middle School T-shirt, and Wilson Middle School crewneck sweatshirt available for purchase in the main office all school year. These additional options and any other professionally made Wilson shirts that have been provided by the school will be considered an official uniform.
- Student made shirts or anything not mentioned above will NOT be considered uniform.
- HOODIES: WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO BE WORN BY STUDENTS, IN ANY PART OF THE BUILDING EXCEPT AS A COAT, WHICH MUST BE LEFT IN LOCKER. There will be no exceptions to this policy.
- Jewelry: MUST be limited and administration reserves the right to maintain the final decision as to what is considered proper or improper.
- HATS are to be kept in a student’s locker or book bag and ARE NOT to be worn or hung from belts throughout the day.