The Wilson Way
1. Respect at Wilson means hands off others; use appropriate language; follow all adult directives, and protect school property.
2. Hats, coats, and all outerwear belong in lockers which are visited only at predetermined times.
3. Cell phones and other electronic devices are not permitted in the school building at any time.
4. Uniforms should be worn all day, every day – proudly proclaiming our school spirit.
5. Always be to class on time and be sure to have a hall pass when traveling during class time.
Students are expected to be in attendance 95% of the school year. Regular attendance is essential to a student’s success in school. Most subjects are taught in sequence, requiring the understanding of each concept in the order of its presentation. Persistent absenteeism creates a gap in the student’s acquisition of knowledge, which frequently leads to lower grades. Excessive unexcused absences are reported to truancy court.
The following reasons are the only recognized excuses for school absences:
• Personal illness
• Family illness
• Religious holiday
Students must bring in a note following their absence explaining the reason for the absence.
Health Room Hours
To help improve instructional time and decrease classroom interruptions, the following schedule will be in effect for non-emergency visits to the nurse:
Students will be seen from:
8:11 – 8:30 (For injuries that occur on the way to school)
Health screening will begin at 8:30 until 10:30 a.m.
Students may be seen at the last ten minutes of each class
period. The nurse does not treat any injuries that occur at home or
any old injuries. These are the responsibility of the parent.
The nurse will be at lunch from 1:15 – 1:45 p.m. each day.
Please send all emergencies only to the main office.
Change of Address
It is very important, for emergency and administrative reasons, that every student maintain an up-to-date address record at the school office. Notify the school immediately if you have a change of address during the school year.
Call the school office at 215-400-3190.
Parents will receive periodic messages through School Messenger regarding important information revolving around Wilson. Therefore, it is imperative that the office have the correct number on file that you would like to be contacted at.
Fire drills are conducted once each month. Detailed plans are posted inside of the door of each classroom. For fire drills, each class has an escape route to an outside area that is a safe distance from the building. Children are escorted to these designated areas in less than 75 seconds in a safe, quiet and orderly manner.
A detailed emergency plan is available in the school office.
Student Emergency Files
In case of emergency each student is required to have on file at the school office the following information:
• Parent(s) or guardian(s) name(s).
• Complete and up-to-date address.
• Home phone number and parent(s) work phone number.
• Emergency phone number of a relative or friend.
• Physician’s name and phone number.
• Medical alert information.