8th Grade Activities List
Dear Eighth Grade Parents/Guardians and Students,
The end of 8th-grade is an exciting time for our students here at Wilson. There are many activities planned to help make your child’s last year a memorable one.
· Tickets to all of these events are purchased ahead of time and refunds cannot be provided since payment to the companies or organizations have been made in advance. (If a student is excluded because of violation of the student code of conduct, money will not be refunded.)
· Money will be collected between 8:05 and 8:25 in Room 205/Mrs. Caplan’s office, only on the dates specified in the payment schedule. Money will not be collected at any other time, due to security. Students may not hand money to anyone else at any other time – only during the time listed above.
· No checks, no money orders – only cash ($$) in the exact amount in a sealed, labeled envelope.
We are unable to provide change, due to security.
· The main office staff will not accept money from parents for any 8th-grade activities. Students themselves must turn in the money to Room 205 between 8:05 and 8:25.
· Students will receive a receipt of payment each time an installment is made. Please keep these receipts for your records as proof of payment.
· Only students who returned the signed behavior contract (due Jan. 11) may pay dues.
PLEASE REFER TO THE PAYMENT SCHEDULE ON THE BACK OF THIS LETTER THAT GIVES
SPECIFIC COLLECTION DAYS FOR SPECIFIC SECTIONS FOR EACH EVENT
1) Move-Up Day = $30 Move-up Day costs are not optional and must be paid by all eighth graders who plan to participate in move-up day exercises.
Move-Up costs include the class t-shirt, move-up ceremony gown (no cap), graduation certificate, invitations and class of 2019 gift to the school.
The tentative date for Move-Up Day at Northeast High School is Friday, May 31 or Monday, June 3. We will notify you as soon as we get confirmation from the district.
2) Yearbook = $30 We have pre-purchased 250 yearbooks and they are reserved on a first-come first-served basis. We will continue selling yearbooks until the entire amount are sold. We will not have any additional yearbooks to sell; therefore, be sure to purchase on the collection date.
3) Class Trip to Pocono Valley Resort = $100 This trip is scheduled on Wednesday, May 29, and the cost includes transportation to and from the Pocono Valley Resort, two meals, snacks and a full range of activities to be outlined in a more detailed letter for those who give a deposit. (www.poconovalley.com)
4) Class Dance & Luncheon = $35 This trip is scheduled for Thursday, May 2. The cost of this trip will include transportation to and from Cottage Green, an all-you-can-eat buffet, beverages and a DJ. Students will arrive to Wilson at 11:30 a.m. on the day of the event to board buses and will be returning to Wilson at approximately 5:15 p.m. Buses will leave promptly at 11:30 a.m. and we will not wait for students who are late. A more detailed letter will be given to those attending.
If any student misbehaves on an event, he/she will be excluded from future events.
Please contact your child’s advisor or Mrs. Caplan (8th Grade AP) with any questions.